How can we reduce our dependence on foreign oil?
Hillary’s plan to promote energy independence, address global warming, and transform our economy includes:
* A new cap-and-trade program that auctions 100 percent of permits alongside investments to move us on the path towards energy independence;
* An aggressive comprehensive energy efficiency agenda to reduce electricity consumption 20 percent from projected levels by 2020 by changing the way utilities do business, catalyzing a green building industry, enacting strict appliance efficiency standards, and phasing out incandescent light bulbs;
* A $50 billion Strategic Energy Fund, paid for in part by oil companies, to fund investments in alternative energy. The SEF will finance one-third of the $150 billon ten-year investment in a new energy future contained in this plan;
* Doubling of federal investment in basic energy research, including funding for an ARPA-E, a new research agency modeled on the successful Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
It’s good to hear some real alternatives.
A new beginner in stocks….frustrated & need help!?
I am getting very frustrated. And yes, I’m aware that I am a new beginner but don’t understand some things. Why isn’t day trading successful. Isn’t it true that the investors predict whether a stock will go up or not, and if it does go up, they sell it at a reasonable price? So why is it risky? Shouldn’t they be making a profit? Is it because the prices are always changing and they can face a loss? Secondly, so what if you purchase a stock and plan to hold onto a little longer, and when you see an increase, you then plan to sell it off. Can you face a loss here? Is it quite possible that the price can change instantly even after placing a transaction with an online broker to sell it at the current new high market price? What are the risks?
And it’s not that I am interested in doing say trading, but really want to get the load off of my back of not knowing much of the info necessary in the stock business. Thanks for all of the help, it is greatly appreciated!
Stock prices fluctuate, sometimes wildly. Predicting future price changes is very difficult indeed, and many academics will tell you that future prices are almost random. So your basic premise “Isn’t it true that the investors predict whether a stock will go up or not, and if it does go up, they sell it at a reasonable price?” leaves out that they sell it at a loss if it goes down. That’s why it’s risky.
In the US day trading must be done in a margin account. A margin account involves “leverage” with the use of borrowed funds in addition to your equity so you have greater buying power. This leverage magnifies the gains and losses. The minimum equity in a day trading account is $25,000.
Successful traders are probably correct in their “prediction” about a stock no more than 60% of the time. But they are profitable because they get out of losing positions with discipline (for example, always getting out when the position is down 5% or 8% or 10%) and they let winning trades run as far as possible. One important risk managemen technique to learn about this is the use of stop and trailing stop orders.
There are many good books on trading. Go to a large bookstore and browse the investing section.
Is it real? Can it even work? Or is it doomed from the start?
Okay, I have been messaging this guy I have met on the internet for a few weeks now. We’ve traded pictures, talked on the phone a few times and even have plans to finally actually meet each other late this summer. He’s almost three years older than me and recently he has told me that he loves me. I find it hard to believe that someone can love someone else before even meeting each other face to face. I keep wondering if what he says is true, especially since, I find my self falling for him. It’s ironic. I guess my point is, can relationships that start on the internet be successful? As anyone been in a relationship with someone they met over the internet? If so, how did that experience go? Are you still with that person?
Or am I just losing my grip on reality, actually believing that I can find love over the internet?
Hey, My neice met this guy thru Yahoo. Shes madly in love with him! As far as him saying he loves you without meeting you, keep in mind the true beauty of a woman isn’t in what she looks like, its determined by her words and actions.
How do scams like this work?
Below I am pasting the following email I recieved- let me know exactly how this works as far as the scam is concerned. I’m just curious:
FROM THE DESK OF
REV HUMARU DICO
WE ARE SENDING THIS LETTER TO YOU BASED ON INFORMATION GATHERED FROM
FOREIGN TRADE OFFICE OF THE NIGERIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY.
BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULD BE IN A POSITION TO HELP US IN OUR BID TO
SUM OF FORTY-0NE MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($41.5M USD)
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE FOR BUDGET AND PLANNING OF THE
MINISTRY OF PETROLEUM, THIS COMMITTEE IS PRINCIPALLY CONCERNED WITH
APPRAISALS AND APPROVAL OF CONTRACTS IN ORDER OF PRIORITIES AS REGARDS
CAPITAL PROJECT OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA. WITH OUR
HAVE SUCCESSFULLY SECURED FOR OURSELVES THE SUM OF FORTY-ONE MILLION,
HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS (US$41.5M).THIS AMOUNT WAS
THROUGH UNDECLARED WINDFAL FROM SALES OF CRUDE OIL DURING THE GULF WAR.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU IS TO PROVIDE A SAFE ACCOUNT INTO WHICH THE FUNDS
BE TRANSFERRED SINCE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE NOT ALLOWED BY OUR LAWS
OPERATE FOREIGN ACCOUNT.
IT HAS BEEN AGREED THAT THE OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT WILL BE COMPENSATED
US$8.3 MILLION OF THE REMITTED FUNDS,WE KEEP US$31.125MILLION WHILE
US$2.075MILLION WILL BE SET ASIDE TO OFFSET EXPENSES AND PAY THE
IT MAY INTEREST YOU TO KNOW THAT TWO YEARS AGO A SIMILAR TRANSACTION
CARRIED OUT WITH ONE MR.PATRICE MILLER, THE PRESIDENT OF CRAINE
INTERNATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION AT NUMBER 135, EAST 57TH STREET, 28TH
FLOOR, NEW YORK 10022 WITH TELEPHONE (212) 308-7788 AND TELEX NUMBER
6731689, AFTER THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN BOTH PARTNERS IN WHICH HE WAS TO
THE MONEY WAS DULY TRANSFERRED INTO HIS ACCOUNT ONLY TO BE
OUR ARRIVAL IN NEW YORK AS WE WERE RELIABLY INFORMED THAT MR.PATRICE
WAS NO LONGER ON THAT ADDRESS WHILE HIS TELEPHONE AND TELEX NUMBERS
BEEN REALLOCATED TO SOMEBODY ELSE, THAT IS HOW WE LOST US$27.5M TO MR
THIS TIME AROUND WE NEED A MORE RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY PERSON OR A
REPUTABLE COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH HENCE THIS LETTER TO YOU, SO IF
CAN PROVE YOURSELF TO BE TRUSTED AND INTERESTED IN THIS DEAL THEN WE
PREPARED TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU. WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU IS THE
THAT YOU WILL LET US HAVE OUR SHARE WHEN THIS AMOUNT OF US$41.5M IS
TRANSFERRED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. IF THIS PROPOSAL SATISFIES YOU, PLEASE
CONTACT ME STRICTLY THROUGH MY EMAIL ADDRESS
ALL MODALITIES FOR A RISK FREE AND SUCCESSFUL CONCLUSSION OF THE
HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT AND ONCE STARTED WILL NOT TAKE MORE THAN 7 WORKING
WITH THE ABSOLUTE SUPPORT OF ALL CONCERNED.
THIS TRANSACTION IS TOTALLY RISK FREE AND 100% SAFE. PLEASE TREAT AS
AND VERY CONFIDENTIAL. GOD BE WITH YOU AS I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY.
REV HUMARU DICO
Read this… It will explain how this scam works
i really need help im behind in history?
1. As part of Nixon’s New Federalism domestic policy, Congress passed
A. new civil rights laws.
B. revenue-sharing bills.
C. the Aid to Families with Dependent Children Act.
D. the Ethics in Government Act.
2. As part of Nixon’s foreign policy of détente, what was one purpose of Nixon’s trip to China?
A. Confronting the Chinese government about its human rights violations
B. Negotiating an arms limitation treaty with the Chinese government
C. Encouraging the Soviets to more actively pursue diplomacy.
D. Negotiating a treaty of alliance with China against the Soviet Union.
3. During the summit between the United States and the Soviet Union in 1972, the Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty was signed, which agreed to an
A. exchange of weapons technology.
B. exchange of prisoners.
C. end to the Cold War.
D. exchange of scientific information.
4. As part of his foreign policy, President Ford signed an agreement that recognized established Eastern European borders in exchange for the Soviet Union’s guarantee to protect specific human rights. This agreement was known as
A. the Helsinki Accords.
B. the European Settlement Act.
C. the Camp David Agreement.
D. the Humane Doctrine.
5. President Ford’s domestic plan to address the economic conditions in the United States during his administration was known as
A. No Outrageous Taxes (NOT)
B. Stop Increased Prices (SIP)
C. Whip Inflation Now (WIN)
D. Balanced Budget Best (BBB)
6. A conflict between Communist Cambodia and the United States occurred during Ford’s presidency when
A. the new Cambodian leader invaded democratic South Vietnam.
B. Cambodian troops captured a U.S. cargo ship.
C. the Cambodian government forced American citizens living there to leave the country.
D. Cambodian soldiers imprisoned U.S. soldiers stationed in that country after the Vietnam War.
7. All of the following were domestic policies during President Carter’s administration Except
A. Reducing the money supply
B. Increasing regulation of the oil industry
C. Increasing interest rates
D. Proposing a national energy program
8. President Carter imposed an embargo on the sale of grain to the Soviet Union as a result of the Soviet
A. invasion of Afghanistan.
B. boycott of the Summer Olympic Games.
C. expansion in the Middle East.
D. aid to the Arab nations during the Yom Kippur War.
9. One significant event in foreign policy in which President Carter played a key role during his administration was
A. the agreements reached on oil production with OPEC.
B. the successful trade negotiations with China.
C. the establishment of a democratic government in Panama.
D. the signing of the Camp David Accords between Egypt and Israel.
10. U.S. support of the Shah in Iran led to a foreign crisis during President Carter’s administration in November 1979 involving
A. Iran’s invasion of Israel, America’s ally.
B. the capture of 52 Americans from the embassy in Iran.
C. human rights violations committed by the Shah’s government.
D. the Soviet Union’s attempt to overthrow the Shah and establish a Communist government.
11. Which of the following events led to the Watergate scandal?
A. The resignation of Nixon’s vice president for taking bribes while in office
B. The destruction of sensitive information about Nixon by FBI investigators
C. The arrest of five men for breaking into at the Democratic National Committee headquarters
D. The discovery that Nixon had illegally helped real estate developers in California while he was governor
12. The Watergate scandal started when which of the following occurred?
A. The Democratic National Committee revealed that Nixon had committed campaign fraud.
B. People in the Nixon administration attempted to conceal their involvement in Watergate.
C. President Nixon refused to turn over tape recordings of White House conversations.
D. Nixon resigned his office as president of the United States.
13. Which event occurred after President Nixon told Americans that the White House was not involved in Watergate?
A. The men arrested in the burglary were not put on trial for their crime.
B. The Democratic Party produced evidence showing that Nixon had ordered a cover-up.
C. The FBI dropped its investigation of White House staff members.
D. Nixon was re-elected for a second term as president.
14. What event led Americans to believe that President Nixon could have been directly involved in the Watergate Scandal?
A. The confession by James McCord that Nixon ordered him to wiretap the Democratic National Committee offices
B. Frank Willis’ statement before a Senate committee that he was contacted by Nixon to conceal facts about Watergate
C. The testimony of John Dean, accusing Nixon of playing an active part in trying to hide White House involvement
What do we look like, wikipedia? Geez that’s a long list….
Powered by Yahoo! Answers