Why were the Nazis able to seize power and maintain control over Germany?
I KNOW IT IS ALOT…..BUT CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS OVER….IT IS FOR MY HISTORY ESSAY…..CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF IT IS CORRECT!
Adolf Hitler used propaganda to control the German people. Propaganda was an essential part of Nazi development. It was one of the most successful ways to convince German “Volk” to adhere to the Nazi movement. With the uses of the radio, newspapers, posters, music, theatre, parades, ceremonies, banners, uniforms, books, film and symbols, Nazis were able to communicate their messages across Germany with ease. Every newspaper was forced to only support Nazi beliefs and ideas. ‘Anti-Nazi’ books were gathered and publicly burned in huge bonfires. To constantly remind people of Nazi theology, posters were placed in public places such as bus stops and stores. “Mein Kampf”, a combination of Hitler’s autobiography and his political ideology, as well as other forms of Germanic and Nazi supported literature soon indoctrinated schoolbooks. In 1922, Hitler created the Hitler Youth (HJ). The movement lasted until 1945. Hitler wanted to indoctrinate as many young children as possible so that they could grow up on Nazi dogma and prevail to be the Nazis of tomorrow. Catered for 10 to 18 year olds, the Hitler Youth had separate organizations for girls and boys1. Hitler’s goal was to brainwash every member of German society
Hitler was charismatic and a great public speaker. He simplified topics and kept his points short and simple. By repeating the same words over he was able to brainwash the German people. He made it standard that even the least educated could understand his message.2 By playing on the emotions and feelings of people, Adolf Hitler gained people’s trust. He provided jobs for the thousands of unemployed and gave them a scapegoat for their economic problems – the Jews. By providing a scapegoat for the German people, he was able to shift the faults of the government and the German ‘Volk’ aside. Hitler easily convinced the people that Jews were a main threat to Germany due to the fact many Jews were fairly wealthy due to them working in jobs like banking and diamond industries. Hitler did not discriminate Jews alone, along with them followed gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally or physically handicapped, fanatical Christians, communists, pacifists, trade unionists, social democrats, Germans who bought from Jews and anyone who opposed or criticized Hitler or the Nazi Party. Hitler told the people what they wanted to hear. In a time of great distress, one will believe faulty ‘truths’ if it simply satisfies theirs ears – not their consciences.
Fear was a major tactic that Hitler used and instilled to maintain control of Germany. Hitler created a terror state. Any opposition to Hitler would be spied on and/or arrested by the Gestapo (the secret police). Set up by Herman Goring in 1933, their job was to hunt down Nazi ‘opponents’. Without trail, a member of the Gestapo could seize and capture any person. The Gestapo were immensely feared because most did not know who they were and where they were.3 The SA were originally Adolf Hitler’s body guards. The Schutzstaffel, more commonly known as the SS, ran Concentration Camps. Over time The SS became more powerful and overthrew the SA. The Schutzstaffel became Hitler’s main group of mass murderers and terrorists.4
During Hitler’s reign of power, there were often severe punishments for rebels.5 Rebellion against the Nazis in most cases led to execution. Nazis ruled the streets of Germany instilling violence and terror amoungst the people. Jews were a majorly targeted by the Nazis. The German people were taught to hate them because they were inferior to the ‘Aryan Race’. Any person seen in relation to a Jew would be severely punished by the Nazis – in some cases even killed. Everyone had to go along with the Nazi Party or otherwise face the consequences. Hitler was an extreme nationalist. He forced Germany to disregard any form of writing, entertainment and ideas that were not German. If one was caught listening to non-Germanic music or dressing ‘American’, they could be seriously punished. Millions upon millions were sent to Concentration camps throughout Poland. Many of which included Jews, socialists, handicapped and communists. Even if the German people disagreed with Hitler or the Nazis, it was safer not to say anything at all.
I AM HAVING TROUBLE COMING UP WITH AN INTRODUCTORY PARAGRAPH….IT WOULD BE SO HELPFUL IF YOU COULD HELP ME ON ONE!
I wasn’t numbering my paragraphs. the numbers are for my footnotes….but when i copied my work here…it made the numbers larger.
THANK YOU BOTH.
the question I have to answers is “Why were the Nazis able to seize power and maintain control over Germany?”
Your introduction should say that the Nazis didn’t actually seize power- they got hold of it because weaker politicians thought Hitler could be controlled so they made him Chancellor. Then president Hindenburg died and Hitler used this to create the role of the fuhrer. They had a lot of luck in getting into power, and they held onto it through manipulation of existing laws and the creation of new ones. It should then say that there were a number of methods used to control Germany, then say what they were (propaganda, persuasion, fear etc)
Something you might want to remember is that when Hitler and the Nazis came into power in 1933, they were extremely popular because Hitler promised them he would make their lives better. They stayed in power because, for a while at least, he did exactly what he promised. He didn’t need to indoctrinate a lot of people into antisemitism because a lot of people in that general region of Europe were already prejudiced against Jewish people.
People were in dire straits after the Wall Street Crash in 1929 and all they had previously seen were lackluster politicans who couldn’t even work together or agree with each other. There was no single person the German people could turn to for help, so Hitler filled that void. The Nazis had gained support when things were bad in the 1920’s, but when American loans kicked in, he lost support because radical ideals aren’t popular during times of stability.
You seem to have numbers in random places throughout your essay- there shouldn’t be any. You don’t number paragraphs or sections, you just start a new paragraph for each topic.
What do you have in your life?
FOR THE GIRLS:
Type #1 – THE HUSBAND
He is the sweetest, loving, kind man you know. His intellect makes him sexy although he is handsome. He treats you like a queen and puts you first. He takes care of the kids, you and home. This is the man you love coming home to. He spoils you with gifts and is a hard worker.
Type #2 – THE BOO
This one is sexy as hell! This is the dude that you’ve known for years, kinda your homey-lover-friend! No matter who is in your life or who is in his life, you and your BOO seem to always have a thing for each other. Your BOO has a wifey, so he has as much to lose as you do, therefore you are guaranteed that ya’ll relationship is on the ‘DL’. You run to your BOO when your husband “F” up! Your BOO gives you comfort and the sex is da bomb, which explains why you can’t leave him alone!
Type #3 – THE MAINTENANCE MAN
This is Mr. Wine and Dine. He has the charm, the romance and a body like a stripper! He is the one you call every now an then when HUSBAND and BOO done pissed you off! He really wants to be your HUSBAND or BOO on the low but he knows his role. HUSBAND will never suspect a thing because this man is the deacon at your church and well respected in the community so no one would know of ya’ll secret love affair. You sneak and go on trips and getaways. He keeps that bank account tight.
Type #4 – The Ruff Neck
This is the man we fantasize about when HUSBAND, BOO and THE MAINTENANCE man just not doing it for you! This is Mr. Bad Boy; he got the body from hell, the tattoos, and the motorcycle. You call on him when you want your back blown out, the bottom hit, and you want to walk bow legged for a couple days. He is the man HUSBAND sees and knows he needs to get on the treadmill to lose those extra pounds he has gained since ya’ll been married. THE RUFF NECK is the one that rock the suits in the day and trade the Armani in for tims and jeans at night. He is pulled out in emergencies only and you can’t resist to get your freak on in the craziest places, (in the car, the back of a vacant building, etc.) because his main goal is to tear it up! THE RUFF NECK is in your cell phone as one of your homegirls named Tee-Tee!
FOR THE GUYS:
TYPE# 1 Wifey
Is the sexiest, most successful and most respected of all the women. She is loved, needed and wanted by her man…she is VIRTUALLY IRREPLACEABLE. She is the girl that the guy loves and will always love, he never wants to see her with another man…BUT he will cheat on her with Baby Girl until he is mature enough to realize that if he gets caught or messes up in any way and loses Wifey, he would be screwed, and NEVER be happy again. Wifey gets along with mom, is independent, never nags, loves to dress sexy for her man, can cook and loves to keep a clean house. Wifey gets called 5 or 6 times a day. Drawback of Wifey, she loves public displays of affection…which might interfere with the acquisition of a Side Piece
TYPE #2 Baby Girl
Is ALWAYS just as hot as wifey and usually has a very active social life…she IS replaceable, thinks she’s the next Wifey, but will only be Wifey if an extreme disaster takes place. Baby Girl gets some of the benefits of Wifey, like quality time every now and then and even presents on birthdays and holidays, but that’s as far as it goes. The main reason to have Baby Girl is in case Wife really really messes up, she can be replaced in a matter of weeks because Baby Girl has been groomed to slip right into her spot. Be careful of Baby Girl, she tends to be just as attached as Wifey and therefore can be dangerous to the Side Piece. Biggest benefit of Baby Girl..she is extremely private and hates causing a scene, baby girl can come into the same restaurant as you and wifey and wifey will have no idea you two even know each other. Baby Girl is a master of disguise as well.
TYPE #3 Side Piece
Usually a female that the guy uses only for sex and other pleasures, she is usually the one that he goes to for that 3-some or some late night love after the club. When Wifey is acting up and Baby Girl is at work, the Side Piece is usually the one to hold him over for a few hrs. He can meet with the Side Piece for reasons other than sex, but normally that only happens one week during the month. Side Pieces are hard to spot when they are out because most of her friends are either Wifey’s or Jump Offs. Drawback of having more than one side piece, they usually know each other somehow…we kinda think there is a side piece network.Com or something. Try to keep your side piece count below 4 if possible.
TYPE # 4 Jump Off
Every mans dream and worst nightmare. She is trying to move up in life, wants to be a Side Piece or Wifey but doesn’t know how to go about it. They are just the girls he hollas at when he is with his boys…she is usually stored in the cell phone by a nickname because he barely remembers her real name and where he met her…he only recalls how fat she was. The Jump O
not ot be taken SERIOUSLY……
Oh my…..this is so stereotypical and sexist that it just made me throw up in my mouth a little.
With quotes like these, are conspiracy theories?
speculations unjustified? (I am confident this post will be deleted) Here is a quote from Aristotle to stimulate your thinking “The trade of the petty usurer is hated with most reason: it makes a profit from currency itself, instead of making it from the process which currency was meant to serve. Their common characteristic is obviously their sordid avarice.”
– N.Y. Mayor, John Hylan- The real reminance of our Republic is the invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation. At the head is a small group of banking houses… This little coterie…run our government for their own selfish ends. It operates under cover of a self-created screen…seizes…our executive officers…legislative bodies…schools…
courts…newspapers and every agency created for the public protection.”
– G. Edward Griffin- “Here we had the Morgans, the Rockefellers, Kuhn, Loeb & Company, the Rothschilds and the Warburgs. Anything strange about that mixture? These were competitors. These were the major competitors in the field of investment and banking in those days; these were the giants. Prior to this period they were beating their heads against each other, blood all over the battlefield fighting for dominance in the financial markets of the world. Not only in New York but London, Paris and everywhere. And here they are sitting around a table coming to an agreement of some kind. What’s going on here?”
– David Rockefeller to Trilateral Commission in 1991- “We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a World Government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries.”
-David Rockefeller Baden-Baden, Germany 199- “For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure — one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”
-George H. W. Bush 1991- We have before us the opportunity to forge for ourselves and for future generations a new world order — a world where the rule of law, not the law of the jungle, governs the conduct of nations. When we are successful and we will be we have a real chance at this new world order, an order in which a credible United Nations can use its peacekeeping role to fulfill the promise and vision of the U.N.’s founders.
-Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence- “I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.”
-Paul Warburg, drafter of the Federal Reserve Act- “Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce.”
-Mayer Amschel Rothschild- “Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation and I care not who makes its laws.”
-Warren G. Harding, who was elected to the Presidency in 1920- “The Federal Reserve Bank is an institution owned by the stockholding member banks. The Government has not a dollar’s worth of stock in it.”
-Congressman Charles August Lindbergh-Every effort has been made by the Federal Reserve Board to conceal its powers, but the truth is the Fed has usurped the government. It controls everything here (in Congress) and controls all our foreign relations. It makes and breaks governments at will … When the Fed was passed, the people of the United States did not perceive that a world system was being set up here … A super-state controlled by international bankers, and international industrialists acting together to enslave the world for their own pleasure!”
-Thomas Jefferson- “If the Americ
last statement should read. “If the American people ever allow private banks
to control the issue of their money,
first by inflation and then by deflation,
the banks and corporations that will
grow up around them (around the banks),
will deprive the people of their property
until their children will wake up homeless
on the continent their fathers conquered.”
Does it seem unlikely that people with great wealth would not conspire with others, including politicians to increase their wealth and power? Should we believe that these people sit on the sidelines and wonder what are politicians will do next?
We know that there are criminals in this world. That’s why we have police, courts and jails. But what to really rich criminals do? Do you suppose that they might hold up a bank? Mug some old lady? Maybe, break into your house?
Probably not. They have bigger fish to fry. When you are criminally disposed, and have millions, if not billions of dollars at your disposal, wouldn’t you use that money to buy legislation that would give you even more money, or save you from being taxed on the wealth you already have?
If you were a top executive in a major oil producing company, would you be using corporate donations, as well as personal donations, to bribe elected public servants? Would you favor legislation that stops anyone else from getting into the energy business? Might you not use “environmental” concerns to keep domestic oil sources bottled up?
If you were a major defense contractor, wouldn’t it profit your corporation, and you personally, if our military were suddenly thrust into another conflict? Do you think that campaign contributions, and offers for jobs as “consultants” and lobbyists might influence legislators?
If top politicians in both major parties, top executives in banking, corporations, the media, and our military all belong to an exclusive club that advocates world government, doesn’t that kind of make our elections a farce? Is it a coincidence that we rarely hear any kind of discussion advocating a return to the gold standard (which the Constitution mandates( rather than a central bank, or that we should only go to war when Congress declares it?
Why are neither of the major party presidential candidates pointing out the connection between our foreign policy, and the terrorist attacks of 11 September? Why do they both advocate “protecting our freedoms” by undermining the Bill of Rights?
I think these are indications of conspiracy. They are either conspiracies, or coincidences. What do you think?
Which of the following accomplishments by Pres. Obama are discredited by Conseratives?
1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending
2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices
3. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women
4. Beginning the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq
5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
6. Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information
7. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier’s family
8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act
9. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible
10. Limits on lobbyist’s access to the White House
11. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration
12. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date
13. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren’t even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan
14. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research
15. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research
16. New federal funding for science and research labs
17. States are permitted to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards
18. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect
19. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools
20. New funds for school construction
21. The prison at Guantanamo Bay is being phased out
22. US Auto industry rescue plan
23. Housing rescue plan
24. $789 billion economic stimulus plan
25. The public can meet with federal housing insurers to refinance (the new plan can be completed in one day) a mortgage if they are having trouble paying
26. US financial and banking rescue plan
27. The secret detention facilities in Eastern Europe and elsewhere are being closed
28. Ended the previous policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards
29. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops
30. The missile defense program is being cut by $1.4 billion in 2010
31. Restarted the nuclear nonproliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols
32. Reengaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic
33. Reengaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions
34. Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office
35. Successful release of US captain held by Somali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job
36. US Navy increasing patrols off Somali coast
37. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles
38. Cash for clunkers program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulated auto sales
39. Announced plans to purchase fuel efficient American-made fleet for the federal government
40. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children
41. Signed national service legislation; expanded national youth service program
42. Instituted a new policy on Cuba , allowing Cuban families to return home to visit loved ones
43. Ended the previous policy of not regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions
44. Expanding vaccination programs
45. Immediate and efficient response to the floods in North Dakota and other natural disasters
46. Closed offshore tax safe havens
47. Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals
48. Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back
49.. Ended the previous practice of protecting credit card companies; in place of it are new consumer protections from credit card industry’s predatory practices
50. Energy producing plants must begin preparing to produce 15% of their energy from renewable sources
51. Lower drug costs for seniors
52. Ended the previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings
53. Increasing pay and benefits for military personnel
54. Improved housing for military personnel
55. Initiating a new policy to promote federal hiring of military spouses
56. Improved conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other military hospitals
57. Increasing student loans
58. Increasing opportunities in AmeriCorps program
59. Sent envoys to Middle East and other parts of the world that had been neglected for years; reengaging in multilateral and bilateral talks and diplomacy
60. Established a new cyber security office
61. Beginning the process of reforming and restructuring the military 20 years after the Cold War to a more modern fighting force; this includes new procurement policies, increasing size of military, new technology and cyber units and operations, etc.
62. Ended previous policy of awarding no-bid defense contracts
63. Ordered a review of hurricane and natural disaster preparedness
64. Established a National Performance Officer charged with saving the federal government money and making federal operations more efficient
65. Students struggling to make college loan payments can have their loans refinanced
66. Improving benefits for veterans
67. Many more press conferences and town halls and much more media access than previous administration
El i do believe that you’re going to give those cons a heart attack because bush could not do that in 8 years.
Do you agree that this is the official unraveling of the 0bama Presidency?
It can be no secret by now that President Obama did not have a signature achievement his first year in office. Of all his major initiatives, health care, cap and trade, civilian trials for terrorists and the “stimulus” bill – only the so-called stimulus bill was enacted. Hardly a success, as more Americans than not know what Paul Krugman and E.J. Dionne do not – that it was a bad idea. Worse for the Democrats — none of those efforts have produced a greater consensus or momentum for them or Obama. To the contrary, the Democrats lost key races in 2009, a Democrat House Member defected to the Republicans, the nation is more divided than ever and the Democrat Party is in disarray — as in the Obama presidency.
Not to be out-done by 2009, in 2010, the Obama presidency has endured:
(1) the loss of the Kennedy seat (which is how the Democrats view that race) even though Obama stumped for the Democrats’ candidate;
(2) Obama’s deficit commission was shot down;
(3) The unions are warning the Democrats that they are “going to have a hard time getting members out to vote”;
(4) Democrats are slowly signing onto a bill to defeat Obama’s civilian trial for terrorists,
(5) Obama’s TSA nomination died before a vote;
(6) Obama’s NLRB nomination died after a vote;
(7) Nancy Pelosi is openly criticizing Obama’s plans for a job bill;
(8) Some Democrats are openly worrying about the political effect of the expiration of the Bush tax cuts;
(9) the left, in general, is openly criticizing Obama on a host of issues from the wars to his comments on Wall Street bonuses.
In other words, far from standing with Obama, Democrats have no fear of Obama anymore and all of that is playing almost daily in the nation’s newspapers, TV and the internet. Obama’s troubles are coming far too fast for even the mainstream media to ignore. Highlighting all of those problems is the fact that Obama’s poll numbers have reached new lows.
As bad as that anti-momentum is (and I use the word “anti-momentum” because Republicans still need to positively turn this to their favor with a “Republican Plan for America’s Renewal”), Obama’s troubles are going to get worse – much worse.
Obama is now open to tax increases on the middle class (”agnostic” is the word he used). Anyone with a memory of longer than 15 years can tell you how successful Bill Clinton was in his first midterm elections after breaking his promise of a middle class tax cut or at least 54 lost House seats and the Speakership well remember.
Amidst so much Democrat blood in the water, it is no wonder Congressional Democrats are distancing themselves from Obama. If Obama pushes that middle class tax hike, rather than backing away from Obama, they will turn and run and the Obama Presidency will have officially unraveled.
That’s why we call him One Term Barry, the NEW Yimmy Carter!….:)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers